Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Weightless Wednesday #5

Hello everyone! I can't believe another week has gone by and that it's almost April! March has just flown by. This week it was my goal to get down to 155 pounds to have lost a total of 20. Unfortunately, I didn't quite make it, but I did get to 156. 1 more pound to go, so hopefully that will be my Easter gift to myself!

I did manage to squeeze myself into those size 6 jeans that I bought the other week. There's a little bit of pudge that still sticks out on the top of the waistband, but all of my tops cover that up. :) I rent apartments for a living and one of my tenants came in to the office to talk yesterday. She actually complimented me on the jeans that I was wearing and then said, "But I could never wear those, you're so slim." I had 2 thoughts that kind of popped in to my mind at the same time. The first, and the one I went with, was THANKS! I thought it was pretty cool that someone had actually called me slim. But, the second thought I had was hey, this took a lot of work to get here, I wasn't born this way! There's no way for that person to know how far I've come, so I went with it as a nice compliment.

It makes me wonder though how many people I've seen in the past who are thin and slim and I just looked at them and thought they're just naturally that way. I bet there were plenty of them who had to work hard to keep that body slim and fit and my jealousy was unwarranted since it wasn't just given to them. It makes me look at fit people in a new light.

Going along with this whole body image thing... While watching the Today Show this morning they said that mannequins are starting to be more plus-sized. I just heard that the average mannequin is a size 4-6 while the average US woman is a size 14.



I think it's great that stores are going to put the clothes they sell on mannequins that look more like the average person. I remember going shopping and being very frustrated that the clothes on the mannequin looked no where near as good on me, even with trying on my bigger size. I think this will help to make the body image of women better. I've fallen prey to it many times where I'm jealous and envious of the people (or even the mannequins) that can wear a size 2 dress. I don't think they should go as far as to make mannequins that are obese, but mannequins that are average and healthy looking would be great. What do you guys think? Do you get mannequin envy?

Heaviest weight: 180
Starting weight: 175
Last week's weight: 157
This week's weight: 156
Weight loss this week: 1 pound
Total weight loss: 19 pounds

2 comments:

  1. She doesn't look plus sized at all. Everything is in proportion and look at the lovely toned tummy!
    Congrats on the progress you've made so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I used to work for Lane Bryant. It was a HUGEdeal when we got our real sized manis. And not just stick forms! Sad part was she wad to small up top to fit into a B cup bra! Poor gal!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...