Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Weightless Wednesday #3

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well and enjoying March. It's hard to believe we are already in the middle of the month! I wish it would hurry up and stop snowing here so we can get into spring. I'm so ready for warmer weather!

Thanks for coming back for another of my Weightless Wednesday posts. My husband and I have been going strong with our work out and fitness goals and I have a tool to share with you that has helped us a lot. It's called My Fitness Pal. It's a website (and you can download an app for your smart phone!) that helps you keep track of your weight loss goals. You can track the exercise you do, the calories you consume, and your weight or measurements.

We've been using this tool for about a week now and it has been really helpful. You can search for different foods from restaurants, grocery stores, name brands - or you can scan the bar code on the groceries you buy. You can even enter in your own foods if you don't find it on the list (or add in the calories from an obscure local restaurant!). It will then plug in the calorie info and you can choose the serving size that you actually ate. Here's a screen shot of my tracking from today:


I know the picture is a little small, but it does a really good job of detailing out everything I've had to eat. I earned extra calories from working out today. Normally my goal is 1200 calories for the weight I want to lose if I don't work out at all. Since I put in just under 500 calories on the elliptical today I was able to eat a little over 1600 instead. You'll notice that I had 1/2 of a small, veggie pizza for dinner. Not the healthiest of choices, but I only went over my calorie goal by about 80 calories for the day. That's not so bad, and the pizza allows me to stay sane during the work out routine. :)

So, you can sign up for a free account at www.myfitnesspal.com. I love it and I'll probably still track what I eat even when I've met my weight loss goal. Speaking of... how am I doing? Here's how far along I am now:

Heaviest weight: 180
Starting weight: 175
Last week's weight: 163
Today's weight: 159
Weight loss this week: 4 pounds
Total weight loss: 16 pounds

I'm so excited that I keep going down and that I'm into the 150s!! I think I'm going to hit a plateau soon though, and the weight is not going to keep coming off as quickly anymore. Ideally I'd like to get down to 135 at the end of my journey. So, I still have 24 pounds to go. Right now, I'm pretty sure I'm lighter than I was when my husband and I got married a little under 4 years ago. I'm feeling great and I hope I'll have the willpower to continue! The best part is that now people are starting to notice that I've lost weight! :) Happy Wednesday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Karen. Your hard work is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your success! I am watching snow out my window now but there are daffodil greens in the flowerbeds so it won't be long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! Thank you for the link, I keep wanting to start but must admit I continue to stall instead, feel guilty, eat. Watching the numbers go down would be a great incentive, I'm checking this out!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...