Merry Christmas everyone (and wow, this is my 100th post)! I didn't have time to post yesterday, but I actually got the gray and yellow triangle quilt finished up in time to give away yesterday afternoon. It was a big hit, and means I finished another December goal! :)
Here it is all pinned and ready to be quilted. I had to move my living room furniture around in order to get it on a flat, non-carpeted surface. I decided to just do straight line quilting on this one in a diamond pattern. Here's what my timeline looked like:
What a quilting whirlwind!!! Now I don't have anything on my plate that really needs to get done in the next few days. Unfortunately I've come down with a Christmas cold, so I'll spend the next couple of days recuperating and drinking tea. Hope you all had a very merry Christmas and that you enter the new year with lots of joy! Happy crafting everyone!!!
|All Pinned and Ready to be Quilted|
- Monday, December 17th: cut out all of the pieces after work
- Tuesday, December 18th: divided out the triangles into rows and started sewing the rows together after work
- Wednesday, December 19th: more row sewing after work
- Thursday, December 20th: we had a snow day, so I was able to finish putting all of the rows together!
- Friday, December 21st: started sewing the rows into the top and completed the first 1/2 of the top after work
- Saturday, December 22nd: after practicing for our church Christmas program and finishing up some last minute shopping, I sewed together the rest of the top
- Sunday, December 23rd: ironed the top, sewed up the back (all one gray printed fabric), pinned everything together and quilted the top (that was a looooong night!)
- Monday, December 24th: cut, sewed and ironed the binding before working for a half-day, then came home at 1:00pm and sewed on the binding before heading to my Dad's house for Christmas eve celebrations. I took my needle and thread along and hand stitched on one side of the binding while I was there
- Tuesday, December 25th: finished hand stitching on the binding, threw the quilt in the washer and then the dryer and pulled it out at 1:30 which is when we needed to leave for Christmas at my husband's grandmother's house. No time for wrapping, so I tied it up with a piece of yarn. Gave it away at 6:30pm that night.
|Finished Quilt Laid Out on Our Bed - Queen Size|