Sunday, December 16, 2012

December Goals Update

Hello everyone! It's been far too long since my last post, but I've been really busy. I have 2 of my December goals solidly done, one in progress and one more basically done. So, here's what I've been working on:

1) I finished the Christmas quilt for my dad!


I really like how it turned out. All in all it's 72"x72". Long enough for it to cover his toes, but small enough to be manageable to quilt! :)


Here's a close up of the back fabric and stitching. I think I might love the back and it's all-over print more than I like the front. I also think my FMQ stitching is improving - not too shabby for a novice! My dad won't notice the mistakes anyway... :)

2) I've finished all of my Christmas cards! Not only are they put together, but they are  signed, stamped and out in the mail to be delivered!


I put my scrapbooking skills to work with these. I made some out of red, green and blue card stock, but the design for them was all the same. I made 27 cards total and probably could have made a couple more if I had really wanted to. I bought the music from Good Will for $1.99. It came in a large booklet of choral music and I used one sheet (cut to size) for each card - basically half for the front and half for the inside. The snow flakes were from a package of Christmas paper I bought several years ago. I just cut them out one by one and glued them on. I really liked the look of music pages for the cards and I'll probably use that element again.

3) I have just about all of my presents done/bought/wrapped. I have to buy just 2 more things which I'll be getting this weekend. But - the big project is getting the next quilt done by the 25th! Otherwise, my cats are very much enjoying playing with the ribbon on the wrapped gifts under the tree (At least it's saving the ornaments from being swiped off the tree!).

4) I have started the quilt for my brother-in-law and his wife. It will be out of all gray and yellow materials and I have all of the triangles cut.




I'm assuming that cutting was the longest part of this project, but I guess I'm about to find out. I've never done a quilt out of triangles before and now I'm going to attempt to make it a queen sized project! I might be a little crazy - just a little.


If you don't hear from me for the next 10 days, now you know why! :) Happy crafting everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finished goals.
    Good luck on the yellow and grey quilt. I wouldn't call making a queen size quilt from triangles crazy. But I might call attempting to make a queen size quilt from start to finish in ten days apjust a tad crazy :)
    Are you at least on holidays now or is this done around finishing up at work for the year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great projects, curious about the grey and yellow, one picture looked green.
    merry christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt for your dad! I just love Charlie Brown! Your Christmas cards are pretty nice looking too. Can`t wait to see the progress on your triangle quilt.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...