Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Weightless Wednesday #10

Happy May Day everyone! :) This post is going to be a combined fitness post and a look at what I've been sewing lately. So, hopefully that's a little treat for those of you who stick around for these weight loss posts!

My husband and I have been very busy lately. His grandfather was recently placed in hospice care and he's been a huge help to his family in that transition. It means he's been very occupied and drained lately so our trips to the gym did not increase. We've been doing a lot of walking outside actually. That meant I did get a little sunburned on Sunday... :) But, he has been a huge sweetheart and actually brought me tulips (my favorite!!!) the other day in to my office. I have the best husband ever!

With our work outs I have managed to continue to stay on track. I didn't lose any more weight this week, but I maintained my weight at 151. We have determined that our weight lifting has helped us lose weight more than just doing cardio workouts. So, the most important thing for us to do is to get in all of our weight lifting sessions (3 per week). We have been very diligent with those and have gotten in some cardio when we are able. Tonight we plan to weight lift and swim, so it should be a good night!

Heaviest Weight: 180
Starting Weight: 175
Weight Last Week: 151
Weight This Week: 151
Weight Loss This Week: 0 pounds (but none gained!)
Total Weight Loss: 24 pounds

Now... On to the sewing! :) I put together the April Color Bee Shocked block. It's a HUGE churn dash block at 24.5 inches unfinished. I couldn't square it up because my largest mat is only 24 inches long! But, if I ever need a quick quilt top, this is the block I'll be choosing! It went together so quickly and you just need a fat quarter for each churn dash block - very convenient!

The thing I've been working on the most is the guitar quilt for our praise band leaders. We'll be giving it to them on Wednesday next week, so I plan to have it finished by Sunday. I have it all pinned and marked for quilting. I'll be stitching in the ditch around the guitar and some of its internal elements and then doing straight line quilting radiating out from the body of the guitar. Then I'll need to add some holders for a dowel for hanging, bind it, add the quilt label, and then it will be done! :) I'm very excited to give this to them.

So, that's it for me this Wednesday. What are all of you up to?

**update**

Here's some pictures of the guitar quilt all finished up!




3 comments:

  1. That would look cute put next to the tiny churndash in the barn block :) Those tulips are gorgeous, I have to make do with daffodils..the squirrels and deer eat my tulips! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tulips.
    The guitar quilt is very cool. Looks like a lot of fun to make

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your guitar quilt turned out great. I'm sure they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...