Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Baby Shower Gift

Hello everyone. I hope you're all enjoying your month of May! I can't believe we are half way through it already!

I've been pretty busy with events over the past week. We had a visitation and a funeral for my grandfather-in-law, then I was the Matron of Honor in a wedding, and tonight we just had a baby shower. It will be the first great-grandbaby on my husband's side. I joked with my cousin-in-law that she's taking the pressure off of the rest of us to have a baby now that lots of us are married. :)

Anyway, I had been planning on getting this book:


and making the fish quilt from the front cover out of the pattern in the book. I thought I'd have until August to do this so I was going to put it together after our vacation next week.

Well, with the funeral it meant the mama to be was in town early and her aunt was throwing an impromptu baby shower. So, I put this together:


I didn't have a pattern, just the picture from the front of the book. I started it on Mother's Day night (Sunday), and finished hand stitching the binding on this morning(Tuesday). That is the fastest I've ever finished a quilt, so thankfully it was a baby quilt!!

I think it turned out OK, but not as nice as I would have liked. There were a couple small puckers on the back from the quilting, but not too bad. The other ladies and family all loved it. I think I should have used a lighter blue for the quilting, but I didn't have any.


So, just thought I'd share what I've been up to. Next on the list is quilting all of the charity quilts so that I can take them to my mom this weekend. I've got 5 to quilt in the next few days before I leave on vacation... And I still work and need to pack. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Karen, reminds me of the goldfish crackers little ones love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt! The dark blue thread actually looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. And you're only nitpicking because it's not quite how you would have wanted to do it if you had time :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...