Saturday, February 23, 2013

Leaf Quilt Progress

I had a very productive Saturday! Besides sewing the baby apron, I also made some progress on my Leaf Quilt. :)

I started this one back in October last year as part of the Leafs Me Happy blog hop. I only got 1 block done for that hop because they take a while to complete. I sewed all afternoon/evening on Saturday and completed 6 more blocks. Here's what I have done so far:


My husband and I really like the red, cream and brown background blocks, but we're not so sure about the orange background. We think it might stand out too much. I could easily change it at this point. I'd have to rip out one block and re-cut the other 8 blocks that would have orange background. But - if we're going to have the quilt for a long time, then that might be worth it.

I know we (yes, my husband came with me to the fabric store!) had a hard time finding a good orange background when we were fabric shopping originally. Maybe something new has come out or there will be something at the store that I didn't see before. I think maybe I'll look on Sunday and see what I find. I can use the left over original orange background for the back, or maybe even as the binding or a border. What do you think?

Decisions, decisions! Until next time - happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Karen - is that your own pattern or did you pick that up somewhere? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did design it myself. It was part of the Leafs Me Happy blog hop in October last year. I can make up an impromptu tutorial in the next couple weeks for the block so you can have the measurements. It's a 12.5" unfinished block. :)

      Delete
  2. I actually really like the orange. I think if you are making several with an orange background they will give a nice pop to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...