Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 2012 Crafty Goals

Wow, it's August already! It still feels weird not to be going back to school and getting ready for more classes. I graduated from college 4 years ago! Wow, that just doesn't seem possible! So, I guess instead of homework, I've got some crafty goals for the month of August. But, before we get to the new goals, let's see how I did with my July goals...

Here's my list:
1) Finish the Super Mario Quilt
            DONE! I'm sure most of you have already seen this post. I'm so happy that I got this quilt done. My husband is snuggled under right now in fact. :) So proud of this one!

2) Finish the Jelly Roll Strip Quilt
             DONE! I even sent it off to my friend already. She called me to tell me she received it. Her mom is a quilter and it was funny that her fiance said, "Oh, did your mom send that?" and she got to tell him "no, Karen did!" It's the first quilt I've given to a non-family member and she really liked it. Her birthday is in early August, so I sent it off as an early present. :)

3) Make a tie wreath for my Dad
              Not done... This will be on my August list...
4) Make a new kindle case
              Not done... This one will be on my August list too...


So, I guess 2 out of 4 isn't horrible, but it's definitely not a passing grade! For some extra credit I did complete some other crafty things:


1) Red, White and Blue Blog Hop blocks made into a table topper, pillow and door hanger (so 3 projects completed there!)

2) Christmas Table Runner completed as a birthday present for my husband's Aunt Sue. 

So, maybe that gets me up to a B for a grade? :)

OK, so what's on my list for August? Here goes:

1) Make a tie wreath for my Dad
2) Make a new kindle case
3) Make my separate Think Christmas Blog Hop Blocks into a table runner
4) Make my matching Think Christmas Blog Hop Blocks into a quilt top
5) Design blocks for the Dots on Dots Blog Hop for September
6) Try some basic paper piecing (a little scared about this one...)
7) Make a scrappy fall table runner for my Mom

Uh-oh, 7 goals? I think know I'm over doing it, but I should be able to get at least some of them done, right? Anyway, stop back on August 4th to see my blocks for the Think Christmas Blog Hop. I'm furiously trying to get them done between work, violin practices and the piles and piles of laundry I need to wash this week. :)

So, what are you plannng as projects this month?

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are a busy bee! You have some great projects here! Looking forward to seeing your Think Christmas blog hop creations tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...