Friday, July 6, 2012

June Package Pals

Last month I signed up for June Package Pals through C.R.A.F.T. We were given the name and email of another person who had signed up and were asked to send them a little crafty package by the end of the month. My partner and I got to know each other a little and then we were supposed to put together a little crafty package to send to them by the end of the month through emailing back and forth. I sent my package off a little over a week ago, so I think my partner should have received her package by now, and I should be safe to post about it.

My partner told me that she likes to paint and has done some cross stitch and that she's interested in trying just about everything. But she's also had some health complications which makes things hard for her. So, I tried to put together a little package that would include some things she could use as supplies and some things she could use in their final state. So, here's what I put together:

The pillow probably looks familiar to some of you since I used the block in the Red, White and Blue Blog Hop. (For that post and my giveaway, click here.)

The yellow fabric is actually a homemade heating pad. It can also double for a cooling pad, so you put it in the microwave or the freezer depending on how you want to use it. I filled it with rice so that it would keep the heat/cool but also mold around wherever you're using it.

Some supplies I included were 5 colors of embroidery thread and an embroidery hoop. I also gave her three ceramic heart-shaped buttons that I found at an estate sale.

The last 3 things all go together. I put together some blank coasters made from tiles and felt on the bottom. Since she likes to paint, the little note on the top says that she can decorate them however she wants and then to finish them off she just needs to cover them in a couple layers of Mod Podge with the sponge brushes. I hope she has fun with them!

So, I hope she enjoys what I put together. I think C.R.A.F.T. will be hosting another Package Pals sign up for August (to be announced some time in July I believe), so if you want to participate next time, sign up for that blog and keep an eye out for her post. She only takes the first 100 people to sign up, but it's a lot of fun! Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky partner :) looks like a great little package!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great package! The heating pad is an awesome idea(:

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...