Monday, July 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Well, now that I've finished the Mario Quilt, now what do I do? My husband and I have joked around that I should just retire from the world of quilt making now that I've completed my masterpiece. But - I know I just can't do that!

So, I've started to revisit my Double Irish Chain quilt. I designed this one and started cutting out all of the pieces before I even started the Mario Quilt. So, this one has been in the works since October 2011! I really want a nice quilt for our bed, so that's where this one is going to be. (Sorry honey, the Mario Quilt is not going to be our bedspread!)

I've figured out how many blocks of each design I need to make - it's quite a few, but I think I'll be OK.

The other project I'm working on that I have on my list of July goals to finish is the beach blanket quilt for my friend in Miami. Her birthday is coming up at the beginning of August, so I want to get this finished by the end of the month. I think I'll be completing the top this evening and the hopefully basting and quilting it throughout the rest of the week.


So, what are you working on this week? Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Irish chain quilts! I'm not sure why...but they're so interesting. Good luck!

    (And I wrote the same comment above but from the wrong account. I usually do a pretty good job keeping them separated, but mess up once in a while.)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...