Friday, June 6, 2014

Hands 2 Help Charity Quilt Complete!

Hello everyone! I know it has been a really long time since my last post - over two months! I have been very busy with work and trying to keep on top of household chores so I haven't had much time at all for sewing. I guess I'm still getting used to balancing leaving the house by 8:00am and getting home at 7:00pm but still having the energy to do something creative. I signed up to make this quilt for the Hands 2 Help Charity Quilt Drive the day before I started working, so I didn't know how exhausted I would be at the end of each day.


That being said, I am really glad that I pulled through and finished this quilt. I chose an easy pattern that I knew I would be able to finish, and actually this only took me a weekend to complete. It was really nice to get back into my sewing room, and I'm happy that my weekend efforts might bring a little happiness to someone who is going through more troubles than just trying to balance their work life with sewing time. Sometimes I take it for granted just how good my life is. 


This quilt will be going to the Quilts of Compassion charity which helps people dealing with disasters in their communities. I have never had to go through a natural disaster, but they seem to happen all the time now. I'm glad that this quilt might help make that ordeal a little easier for someone. 


All finished up it is 60" square. That seems to be my favorite size of quilt. It's great for cuddling if you're an adult and you can really tuck in a child with that size too. I also thought the pattern and colors would be OK for an adult or child as well since it's not too grown up but not too childish either. I did a different type of quilting in each of the colors and then a large stipple in the background. For the backing I used a fun teal print that kind of looks like dandelion flowers once they've turned to the white seeds. 


Anyway, thank you all for stopping in. I hope I keep finding time in my schedule to be able to complete quilts for charity. I have so much in this world, so it is important to me that I give some of that back while I am able. Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and happy quilting!

7 comments:

  1. Karen, it's an awesome quilt! Just perfect for a charity quilt. I appreciate you making time for this in your busy schedule!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful charity quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Karen, this is a beauty and it's good to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen glad to see you found time and energy to be creative and brighten someone's life during a difficult time for them, too. I know rainbow colors always brighten my mood and will be cherished by the recipient for sure! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello and a good saturday to you. I have a question, I am making this wonderful table runner but I cannot figure out where you put the squares with the green top and the brown top. the colors dont show right on your site. please help. loveing it so far. kaye

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, my address is kayedarlyn@gmail.com thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...